Membership in our federation is open to organizations meeting specific tests of fiscal accountability, governance and programmatic impact. To participate, an organization must:
- Be 501(c)(3) tax-exempt
- Provide a copy of its most recent Form 990 or 990-EZ - if the IRS requires such
- Provide a copy of its most recent audit or review covering the same fiscal year as the Form 990
- An audit is required if the groups revenue exceeds $250,000
- A review is required if the groups revenue is between $100,000 and $250,000
- Be governed by a board of directors, the majority of whom volunteer
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) requires all CFC applicants to pay a non-refundable fee at the time of application. If we recommend your organization to OPM for admission to the CFC and OPM ultimately rejects your application, we will refund the initial OPM fee. The risk is ours.